Selling your home is an important decision. Below are some helpful tips to get you started. If you have any questions please feel free to contact us or please take a look at my Movers Checklist.
Prepare Your Home to Sell.
After you've made basic repairs, the task of selling your home boils down to making the house as clean, clutter-free, and inviting as possible. Go through this checklist at least every other day to make sure that your home is tidy.
- Lawn and landscaping should be moved and neatly trimmed
- Check the outside to see if painting or touch up is needed
- Driveway and sidewalks should be cleared
- Screens should be in good repair
- Flower beds and gardens should be weeded
- Garage should be organized
- Secure all downspouts, railings and shutters
- Light fixtures and doorbells should be working
- Front door and entry should be spotless
- Check to see if carpets need cleaning
- Windows should be cleaned - blinds should be dusted
- All windows and doors should open easily - check for loose knobs
- Check all walls to see if painting is required
- Kitchen appliances cleaned and counters cleared
- All plumbing fixtures should be polished - no drips or leaks
- Organize all closers - this will make them appear larger
- Title should be cleaned and if needed, regrouted
- All lights, switches and bulbs should be in working order
Tips for Showing
- Open all drapes and blinds - let the sin shine in
- Turn on all exterior and interior lights - including closets, accent, oven and garage
- Turn down or off the TV or radio
- Keep pets out of the way
- Let the agent show the home - The buyer's agent knows what they are looking for and can best point out those featured. It's best not to follow them through the home
- Temperature of the home should be set at a comfortable setting
- Now relax -- you're ready to sell!